Big Time Entertainment King – Big B
Entertainment: Limited to Indian Entertainment Industry also known as Bollywood (visual arts, movies)
Big B : Amitabh Bachchan eld son of Harivansh Rai, he graduated in Arts from Delhi University. Born in October of 1942 when the British rule was beginning to lose power in India, Big B is close to 65 years in age.
For the first time Big B appeared in Saat Hindustani, the movie itself did not do that well at box office, but Mr Bachchan did not give up. Soon his couple of films Zanzeer and Deewar did very well and since that time there was no looking back. Well the time was also changing for Indian Entertainment Industry, where there was a slow drift from romantic movies to action movies. At this time in mid 70's Big B was the first person to be acknowledged as "the angry young man" of Indian cinema, while his predecessors of those times such as Rajesh Khanna, Sanjeev Kumar and Dharmendra used to play more off romantic roles. In Late 80's Big was attached to his name and he was often known as Big B thereafter.
Turning point for Big B : Mr Bachchan his career: Zanjeer (1973). This movie cave has acclaim and made him a superstar.
Mr Bachchan injured himself very during the shooting of a film Coolie. Well he had been extremely lucky to get away with it. He returned with a big bang and Coolie was a super duper hit of all times. So far Mr Bachchan has played in more than 70 movies.
All time favorite movies from Big B
1. Deewar, Suhaag
2. Muqaddar Ka Sikander
3. Namak Halal
5. Amar Akber Anthony.
Some of the famous dialogues from Big B's movies
1. A Person runs only twice in his life. Either its Olympics or Police is behind him. Why are you running brother? – Amar Akbar Anthony
2. Can pain of heart be seen from face? Pain of heart can not be seen from face. – Sharaabi
3. If you have moustache it should be like Nathulal otherwise do not have it. – Sharabi
4. Where ever I stand the queue starts from there. – Kaaliya
5. Sooryavansh is a fire which has unlimited love for friends and have enough heat for enemies. Roast the enemy. – Sooryavansham
Rare Flops from Big B
2. Reshma Aur Shera
Today also Big B is one of the most busy actors in Bollywood, where roles are specifically being written to suit him. Even his recently launched movies like Baghban (2003) and Khakhee (2004), shows how easily he can breathe life into each and every role he plays.